A typical week might include:
- Use your design expertise to partner with marketing and identify where design can add value to help increase engagement with customers.
- Conceptualise complex processes and ideas in a simple way.
- Produce digital graphics for our blog, social media, ads, sales decks and landing pages to engage potential leads and increase adoption
- Consider how the design of projects fit into the overall strategy of the marketing and design teams.
- Manage design tasks from ideation to delivery and provide positive interactions with all stakeholders.
- Review, define and champion the brand across all marketing and sales touch points.
- Design and build a microsite or landing pages.
- Create email templates to be used effectively by the marketing team and work across all email clients.
- Produce traditional marketing collateral for newsletters, event signage, brochures and swag.
- Collaborating with marketing to produce storyboards, assets and post production work for animated videos.
You will be a great fit for this role if you:
- Currently live within Australia with full working rights.
- Have extensive experience in digital marketing.
- Can demonstrate experience in high-quality digital design work via your portfolio.
- Can contribute to the definition, development and up-levelling of a brand.
- Have exceptional design abilities to produce high quality aesthetic designs with attention to detail..
- Have the ability to understand complex problems and conceptualise them as simple illustrations and infographics.
- Design with the end user in mind and how they will engage with the end result.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Can demonstrate strong organizational skills and effective time management abilities.
- Can work with a wide variety of stakeholders, from salespeople to engineers. You can speak everyone's language.
- Are highly proficient in design tools such as Adobe CC.
- Can make HTML and CSS changes to webpages to improve the user experience.
- Experience with basic video editing or animation is highly desirable.
You will be a great fit for this role if:
- You are able to work independently, motivating yourself to do high-quality work on time.
- You seek to understand the reasons behind the work you are doing, and show initiative through offering valuable insights and problem-solving.
- You are a results-oriented person, someone who is focused on delivering valuable things to your customers, someone who willingly changes direction based on clear and transparent business information, and someone who helps others do the same.
Why Octopus Deploy
We’ve been around since 2012 and we’re used by over 25,000 companies, including ASOS, Xero, StackOverflow, NASA and Disney.
Growing, sustainable company
We’re profitable and long-term oriented. And yet we’re growing quickly. It’s a unique opportunity to join a growing company without all the craziness. With that growth comes all kinds of opportunities for career progression and professional and personal development.
What to expect
What’s it really like here? We’ve made our internal handbook public, so you can see for yourself. It will answer many of the questions you might have.
Benefits & perks
Trust and autonomy to do the best work of your life, in work that makes a meaningful difference.
Along with a pro-active salary review and feedback system.
As we grow, new opportunities to learn, advance and contribute are continuously opening.
Laptop & home office
Choose your own laptop and home office program.
Health & dental
Excellent health care, dental and vision.
Generous 401K / pension retirement plan matching.
(US & UK only)
No crazy hours or arbitrary deadlines.
Paid parental leave for primary & secondary carers.
Don’t see a role you’re interested in?
If you share our core values but none of the roles above seem quite right, but you think you can bring something unique that might help, we’d love to hear from you. Just talk to us.