Senior UX/UI Designer
Octopus Deploy is looking for a new teammate to join us in Australia. You'll work closely with the marketing team to create UIs that improve online customer experiences while upholding the brand and UX strategy to help us meet trial and sales targets.
Octopus Deploy is the most popular deployment automation tool in the world, and large enterprises are standardising on Octopus as their company-wide deployment tool. As we continue to grow and penetrate new markets, so too does the need for someone with skills to help us implement best-practice designs across customer journeys.What will you be working on?
- Improving the UI of all digital assets (website, email, social, ads)
- Designing functional and onbrand web pages
- Implementing best-practice designs across customer journey process from website to purchase, as we well as journey touchpoints (e.g. EDMs, PPC ads, landing pages)
- Working with the marketing team to plan and create engaging usable and effective design solutions
- Contributing to A/B tests with the marketing team to improve customer journey and online conversion
- Designing artwork and assets (including digital illustrations) required by the marketing team
- Strong HTML and CSS skills
- Strong graphic design and illustration skills
- Advanced skills in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Deep understanding of user-centred design methodologies and techniques
- Excellent people skills and a collaborative approach to working
- Inquisitive and independent work practice with the ability to drive new initiatives
- A portfolio of digital design that showcases your skills.
- Experience using After Effects, Premiere Pro and Adobe Audition
- Experience using WebStorm, Visual Studio Code, GitHub
We've built a remote-first and flexible workplace culture. Most of our team is based in Brisbane and other parts of Australia. We have a flexible schedule and working arrangements, and our team works mostly from home or occasionally from an office in Brisbane. We welcome applications from across Australia.What's the package?
This opportunity offers a generous salary range and the opportunity to be part of a leading software company with the flexibility and autonomy to make an impact. At Octopus, we have a standardised approach to compensation and coaching. Plus, you get access to our choose your own hardware program and generous home office allowances. Search 'Growing Octopus' on our blog for more info on these programs.About Octopus Deploy
Launched in 2012, Octopus Deploy is a deployment automation tool for developers and DevOps teams. We are exciting and innovative business experiencing tremendous growth. We have over 20,000 customers around the world including, ASOS, NASA, Commonwealth Bank, CISCO and 25 of the Fortune 100. Our software is used by teams to deploy .NET, Java, Node, and database applications, to hundreds and thousands of production servers in the cloud and on-premises.
We are a small team that believes in building high-quality software. We ship new releases often, plan our milestones and major features in public, and take the time to do things right rather than rush.How to apply
Octopus isn't your average/corporate company. We aren't going to ask you to "write us a one page cover letter addressing the key criteria". You're creative, tell us in your own way why you are the best person for this role and submit your application via Seek