TL;DR - Config as Code for projects is a human-readable version of the application deployment or runbook process stored in git source control.
Teams will be able to turn on Git integration per project, and Octopus will store the process to the Git repository configured for the project. Users will also be able to view and edit the deployment process with the process editor in the Octopus Web Portal, and when saved, Octopus will create a commit with the changes to the Git repository.
With a focus on capability and scalability, we're investing in making Octopus Cloud a great place to run Octopus Deploy at an enterprise scale.
Enjoy faster builds and reduced costs with optimal use of your TeamCity build agent license. We're enhancing our TeamCity integration to support agentless build steps. With the improved integration, you can release TeamCity agents while Octopus is still working, and Octopus will advise TeamCity when the task is complete.
We're introducing built-in support for Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Integration of Octopus with GCP will allow you to:
- Connect and authenticate with GCP via a dedicated account type.
- Use gcloud, the GCP command-line tool.
- Create and tear down GCP infrastructure with Terraform.
- Store and secure your Docker images within the Google Container Registry (GCR).
- Deploy, scale and manage containerized applications on GCP with Octopus and Kubernetes.
We're building two new Octopus steps for Azure Storage. These steps will make it easier to push packages and files to Azure Storage as part of your deployment and runbook processes:
- Upload to Azure Blob Storage
- Upload to Azure Files
You will be able to select or exclude files and manipulate the files or package contents before upload. Our goal is to provide built-in support for Microsoft's cloud storage solution.
We're creating a Workato connector for Octopus Deploy. Workato is an Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) to integrate apps and automate business workflows. The connector will make it easy to:
- Include Octopus Deploy in Workato workflows.
- Perform operations against Octopus Deploy, such as create and deploy releases.
- Create recipes that respond to events in Octopus through a trigger.