To implement blue-green deployments in Octopus using Environments, create two environments - one for blue, and one for green:
When deploying, you can then choose which environment to deploy to - either blue or green. The dashboard will show which release is in each environment.
Configuring your lifecycle will need to be done accordingly. Typically you would have both your blue and green environments in a shared “Production/Staging” phase.
- View Blue/Green deployment examples on our samples instance.
- Change load-balancer group Runbook example.
- Blue/Green deployment knowledge base articles.
- Ask Octopus Episode: Blue/Green Deployments
- Deployment patterns blog posts.
Help us continuously improve
Please let us know if you have any feedback about this page.
Page updated on Sunday, January 1, 2023