Octopus deploys your software by following the deployment process you define. A deployment process consists of a series of steps (or actions) and any variables you have defined.
A Hello world deployment process
To define a simple deployment process in the Octopus Web Portal that executes a hello world script on the Octopus Server, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the Projects tab.
- Select ADD PROJECT.
- Name the project, for instance,
Hello world, and click SAVE.
- Click DEFINE YOUR DEPLOYMENT PROCESS, and click ADD STEP.
- Choose the type of step you'd like to add to filter the available steps: Script.
- Click the Run a Script tile.
- In the process editor, give the step a name, for instance,
Run Hello world script.
- In the execution location section, click Run on the Octopus Server.
- In the script section, paste the following PowerShell script into the Inline Source Code editor:
Write-Host "Hello, World!"
- Click SAVE.
You now have a simple hello world deployment process.
Need support? We're here to help.