Workers are machines that can execute tasks that don't need to be run on the Octopus Server or individual deployment targets.
You can manage your workers by navigating to Infrastructure ➜ Worker Pools in the Octopus Web Portal:
Workers are useful for the following scenarios:
- Publishing to Azure websites.
- Deploying AWS CloudFormation templates.
- Deploying to AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
- Uploading files to Amazon S3.
- Backing up databases.
- Performing database schema migrations
- Configuring load balancers.
Need support? We're here to help.