Kubernetes targets are used by the Kubernetes steps to define the context in which deployments and scripts are run.
Conceptually, a Kubernetes target represent a permission boundary and an endpoint. Kubernetes permissions and quotas are defined against a namespace, and both the account and namespace are captured as a Kubernetes target, along with the cluster endpoint URL.
Add a Kubernetes Target
- Navigate to Infrastructure ➜ Deployment Targets, and click ADD DEPLOYMENT TARGET.
- Select KUBERNETES CLUSTER and click ADD on the Kubernetes Cluster card.
- Enter a display name for the Kubernetes Cluster.
- Select at least one environment for the target.
- Select at least one target role for the target.
- Select the authentication method for Kubernetes:
- Enter the Kubernetes cluster URL.
- Optionally, select the certificate authority if you've added one. If you need to add a certificate see Kubernetes Certificate. If you are not providing a certificate, tick the Slip TLS verification.
- Enter the Kubernetes Namespace. For more information see, Kubernetes Namespace.
- Select a default worker pool for the target.
- Click SAVE.
Learn more about Kubernetes Deployment with Octopus.