Release 2020.4 is almost here! In this webinar, Adam and Ryan walk through some of the new features and updates in the release:
1. Structured Configuration Variables 2. Improvements to our execution containers and dynamic workers 3. Updates to our Kubernetes steps
You should attend this webinar if you're deploying applications that use structured configuration files such as JSON, YAML, XML, and Java properties files. Adam and Ryan will talk about how Octopus has first-class support for replacing settings in JSON, YAML, XML, and Java Properties files.
They will also show improvements made to Octopus Deploy Kubernetes steps, Execution containers, and dynamic workers.
- Structured Configuration Variables
- In this new release, We've extended the functionality of JSON configuration variables to now give first-class support to YAML, XML, and Java Property files.
- Execution containers and dynamic workers
- Octopus Cloud provides dynamic workers to execute scripts against your services and infrastructure. This update adds better cross-platform support with images for Windows 2019 and Ubuntu 20.04. All worker images support Execution Containers thus providing the ability to simplify dependency management and streamline automation tooling.
- Kubernetes containers steps - We've added additional parameters that allow you to add Kubernetes startup probe and the ability to define GPU resource limits.
Meet the speakers
Solutions Architect – Octopus Deploy
Adam Close is a Solutions Architect at Octopus Deploy. Adam helps our customers by providing advice to improve and automate their CI/CD pipelines. He also contributes to blogs and webinars to educate both new and experienced Octopus users. His extensive knowledge of Octopus comes from using the product since version 3. Before starting with us, Adam worked for organizations that supplied healthcare software to the NHS.
Principal Solutions Architect – Octopus Deploy
Ryan Rousseau is a Principal Solutions Architect at Octopus Deploy. Since starting in 2018, he’s focused on ensuring our customers get the most out of their experience with Octopus. Ryan’s background saw him use Octopus when it was first released. He set out to improve his team's .NET and database deployments. After replacing their manual deployments with fully automated ones, he presented on how to automate builds and deployments with FAKE, TeamCity, and Octopus at several user groups and conferences.