This policy covers information that we (Octopus Deploy Pty. Ltd. and related entities) collect from your use of "Octopus Deploy Services". "Octopus Deploy Services" includes our:
- SaaS Products
- Downloadable Products
Information we collect and receive
1. Information that you give to us directly
Our Websites, SaaS products and Downloadable Products may ask for information about you and the company you work for. This is collected as you register for an account, purchase licenses, register for product trials, or otherwise use or interact with our website. Examples of the information we collect includes:
- Contact information, such as your name, email, mailing address and phone number
- Billing information, such as credit card details and billing addresses
- Profile information, such as a username, profile photo and job title
- Preferences, such as notification and email marketing preferences
This information is provided by you when you enter it into our website or use one of our products, and so you naturally consent to us collecting it.
In some cases information about you may be entered by someone else, typically a billing or system administrator at your company - for example when they set up an account for you, or include you as a contact on an invoice. If you are providing information about someone else, you must have the authority to act for them and to consent to the collection and use of their personal information as described in this policy.
When you use our Downloadable Products, the information that we collect is limited to:
- Contact information you provide when registering for a product trial
- Statistical summaries of how you use our Downloadable Products, such as the number of projects or deployments
- Server-specific information such as operating system versions, CPU usage, memory and disk size information
We also collect content that you create, input, send, submit or upload when using the Octopus Deploy Services. Examples of content you might provide includes comments on blog posts, support requests and emails that you send us, or data that you enter in the the course of using the functionality in our Websites or SaaS Products (but not Downloadable Products). This content includes any personal information, or sensitive information, that you choose to include.
2. Information that we collect indirectly
We also gather information about you indirectly, through observing how you use our Websites or SaaS Products. This includes:
- Web server logs, which capture information including your IP address, browser and operating system version, and URL's requested. This information is typically not personally identifying, though it may incidentally capture personally identifiable information if that information is included as part of the request (for example, in a URL query string).
- Analytics data which is captured either by us, or by third parties analytics partners.
As at the time this policy came into effect, we use the following third party analytics partners:
- Optimizely, which helps us to test changes to our Website or SaaS Products and their effectiveness.
- Crazy Egg, which gives us a better idea of what information people use on our Website
- Raygun, which helps us to understand our Website and SaaS Product's performance, and errors users may encounter
- HubSpot, to support and optimise our digital marketing efforts and advertising campaigns
- AdRoll, to support and optimise our digital marketing efforts and advertising campaigns
- LinkedIn, to support and optimise our digital marketing efforts and advertising campaigns
How we use the information we collect
We and our third party analytics providers use the information we collect about you (including personal information to the extent applicable) to:
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve Octopus Deploy Services
- Process and complete transactions, and send you related information
- To meet our legal and compliance responsibilities
- Send transactional messages, such as responding to your comments or feedback, providing customer service and support, and sending you technical notices such as alerts or status updates
- Send promotional messages, such as newsletters, surveys and offers. You have the ability to unsubscribe from these.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities for marketing or advertising purposes
- For other purposes, for which we will obtain your consent
- Compiling aggregate analytics about how you use features of our products, in order to improve them
How we disclose data
Octopus Deploy does not sell or rent your personal information to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We may share your personal information with trusted third parties, including:
- Third parties: We may share your personal information with third parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock.
- Service providers: We may share your personal information with service providers who help us provide the Octopus Deploy Services. Service providers help us with things like payment processing (i.e., banks, credit bureaus, payment method providers), website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, and auditing.
- Safety, legal, and law enforcement: We use and disclose personal information as we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law, or payment method rules; (ii) to enforce our terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (iv) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence.
- To the public: for content that you have explicitly given us permission to publish, such as on a public forum, or as a testimonial. We may also use your company name in order to promote our products.
Choice and access
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information.
- You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link on any promotional email we send you.
- If you have provided a testimonial or we have used your company as an example of a customer using our products, you can contact us using the details below.
- You can request to see what personal information we have about you, and ask us to delete it. We may not always be able to delete information we have: for example, it may be needed for legal or compliance reasons.
Use of services by minors
The Octopus Deploy Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that they not provide personal information through the Octopus Deploy Services.