This post is the 3rd in our Kubernetes training series, providing DevOps engineers with an introduction to Docker, Kubernetes, and Octopus.
This video demonstrates how Docker images are built and run in containers and covers concepts such as Docker registries and repositories.
You can work through the series using the links below.
- Getting started with Docker
- Installing a development Kubernetes cluster
- Creating Docker containers
- Creating Kubernetes resources
- Creating Kubernetes services
- Deploying to Kubernetes with Octopus
- Multi-environment deployments
- Installing a dashboard
- Observing deployment strategies
- Blue/green deployment strategy
If you're looking to build and deploy containerized applications to AWS platforms such as EKS and ECS, the Octopus Workflow Builder populates a GitHub repository with a sample application built with GitHub Actions workflows and configures a hosted Octopus instance with sample deployment projects demonstrating best practices such as vulnerability scanning and Infrastructure as Code (IaC).