This post is the 7th in our Kubernetes training series, providing DevOps engineers with an introduction to Docker, Kubernetes, and Octopus.
This video builds a second Kubernetes cluster for the production environment, adds it to Octopus, and demonstrates how deployments are progressed through multiple environments.
If you don't already have Octopus account, you can start a free trial.
You can work through the series using the links below.
- Getting started with Docker
- Installing a development Kubernetes cluster
- Creating Docker containers
- Creating Kubernetes resources
- Creating Kubernetes services
- Deploying to Kubernetes with Octopus
- Multi-environment deployments
- Installing a dashboard
- Observing deployment strategies
- Blue/green deployment strategy
- ConfigMaps and Secrets
- ConfigMaps and Secrets demo
- Role Based Access Control
- Role Based Access Control demo
- Ingress and Ingress Controllers
- Ingress and Ingress Controllers demo
- Deploy Google's Online Boutique microservice stack in Octopus
If you're looking to build and deploy containerized applications to AWS platforms such as EKS and ECS, the Octopus Workflow Builder populates a GitHub repository with a sample application built with GitHub Actions workflows and configures a hosted Octopus instance with sample deployment projects demonstrating best practices such as vulnerability scanning and Infrastructure as Code (IaC).