2018.8.0 introduces initial alpha level support for Kubernetes. These new steps, feeds and targets allow you to deploy Kubernetes Deployment, Service, Ingress, ConfigMap and Secret resources. You can find documentation of these features here.
Octopus.Clients, the Octo CLI command line tools and the Team City plugin must be updated to version 4.39.4 to work with the new features in Octopus 2018.8.0.
We have added a new feature to the deploy CloudFormation Template step which enables the use of changesets. This allows transforms such as AWS::Serverless and AWS::Include to be used and optionally deferring execution in order to review changes as part of a manual intervention step before executing changes.
Changes in Octopus 2018.8.12
- 4958 - Fixed an issue with NuGet feeds when migrating from 2.6 to versions later than 2018.8.0
- 4973 - Machines that trigger an auto deploy event while a tenanted deployment is in progress will now receive that deployment when it finishes
- 4975 - Fixed a rare crash that occurred when attempting to write log files
- 4991 - Add backwards support to deploy Service Fabric applications using CloudRegion targets
- 4998 - Terraform Apply step now supports multi-line output variables
- 4999 - Added a null check for a missing ActionName in GetPackageVersionsUsedInReleases
- 5005 - Bugfix: Kubernetes volume mount validation when using raw YAML