Whether you’re new to Octopus or a seasoned pro, it's a chance to upskill, learn from our DevOps experts, and discuss the challenges of modern deployments.
This is your guide to all the sessions at this year's event.
Accelerating software delivery at scale
- Paul Stovell, Founder and CEO
9:10am CST / 3:10pm GMT
Paul Stovell founded Octopus Deploy because he believed deployment time should be a time of celebration that teams want to do more of, not a scary time to avoid.
In this session, Paul will revisit the Agile manifesto and retrace why deployment automation is critical to software teams. You'll also learn about our outlook on deployments today and how we see them happening in the future.
What’s new in Octopus and on our roadmap
- Colin Bowern, SVP, Product
9:40am CST / 3:40pm GMT
Join Colin as he recaps and demos the features we’ve shipped this year. See how they improve your experience and make your deployments more effective so you can get your software out in the wild sooner. He'll also share what's ahead on the Octopus roadmap.
How we're scaling Octopus Cloud
- Ships Mahindra, Senior Product Manager
- Alix Klingenberg, Senior Software Engineer
10:40am CST / 4:40pm GMT
Hear the behind-the-scenes story of how we're scaling Octopus Cloud. Discover how we're meeting the needs of application and platform teams for our enterprise customers. You'll also learn about the future of Octopus Cloud as we share our strategy and roadmap.
Real-world release pipelines with GitHub Actions and Octopus Deploy
- Michael Richardson, Product Director
11:30am CST / 5:30pm GMT
GitHub Actions and Octopus Deploy offer a powerful CI/CD combo. We'll leave Hello World far behind as we demonstrate release pipelines with the complexity we commonly see in real organizations. Challenges including branch-based pipelines, pull request preview environments, and change management, will prove no match for the GitHub and Octopus one-two punch.
Beyond GitOps: How to apply Kubernetes best practices to enterprises' reality
- Nikita Dergilev, Senior Product Manager
- Robert Erez, Principal Software Engineer
12:15pm CST / 6:15pm GMT
This talk will cover GitOps for enterprise companies and how Octopus can minimize tradeoffs, so you can use GitOps at scale. You'll learn:
- GitOps strengths and issues that appear when scaling
- Octopus's way of applying the best practices at scale
- Recommendations for configuration management and modeling for environments and tenants
Tracking, predicting, and preventing performance regressions in Octopus
- Paul Gradie, Software Engineer
1:10pm CST / 7:10pm GMT
Octopus Server offers a powerful and expressive language for modeling deployments. Performance issues can occur though, because of the ways customers configure Octopus Server and how our developers make changes to it. In this talk, you'll learn how Octopus provides an internal platform for tracking, reporting, and preventing performance regressions.
New features for tenanted deployments
- Ian Khor, Senior Product Manager
1:45pm CST / 7:45pm GMT
Join Ian and dive into some of the new features and functions we’ve released for tenanted deployments. See how we’re making it easier to view, manage, and administer your tenants at scale in Octopus.
DORA, DevOps, and deployments
- Steve Fenton, Lead Technical Content Creator
2:30pm CST / 8:30pm GMT
In this session, you'll explore the connection between DevOps, DORA, and deployments. Find out how you can use the State of DevOps research to make an impact on the toughest challenge in technology: culture. This session will discuss:
- Who are DORA and what have they ever done for us?
- Whether DevOps still means the same thing in 2023
- How to classify culture and whether you can change it
- Where to find some useful metrics in Octopus to help continuous improvement
Multi-tenancy architecture lessons learned
- Bob Walker, Field CTO
3:25pm CST / 9:25pm GMT
Architecting multi-tenanted applications involves choosing from common approaches. But each has its own merits and drawbacks. In this talk, you'll learn:
- When to use each approach
- How to manage tenant-specific needs
- Hidden costs to look out for
- How to use modern tools for better support
Register for SHIPPED23