Changes in 2018.2
See our release blog post for more details.
Octopus 2018.2 brings a number of exciting new features including the much requested step to deploy a release, the ability to deploy AWS CloudFormation templates, delete existing CloudFormation stacks, and run scripts with the AWS CLI.
If you are using an older version of
Octopus.Client.dll to access
/api/feeds/all then this will now error. You will need to update to >= 4.30.7 of Octopus.Client. The reason for this is that we have added a new feed type for releases of Octopus projects, to support the new Deploy Release step.
In anticipation of some upcoming new feed types we have hit the point where we were forced to revisit how we expose the packages API for external feeds, and how we store cached packages for deployments.
Unless you are hitting the Octopus API directly to search through your external feeds or rely on specific naming of the cached packages, then there should be almost no impact to you. One side effect of the change to package cache names is that the current packages cache on the server and tentacles will be no longer checked so new deloyments will use the new package names.
More details about these changes are available in the GitHub tickets "Packages API does not meet the requirements of our expanding feed types #4114" and "Modify the cache naming format to allow for new feed formats #4211".
All of the usual steps for upgrading Octopus Deploy apply.
Changes in Octopus 2018.2.1
- 3494 - When scrolling through many environments in project overview, the releases column is now fixed
- 3900 - Fixed missing audit entry when a variable scoped to a single environment and that environment is deleted
- 3930 - Fixed role deletion mechanism, it will now be removed from teams that were referencing it, after the user is shown a warning
- 3980 - Add account usage UI to /infrastructure/accounts/[account]
- 4114 - Packages API does not meet the requirements of our expanding feed types
- 4176 - Projects overview table first column is now fixed width
- 4180 - Added new step: Deploy a Release
- 4211 - Modify the cache naming format to allow for new feed formats
- 4216 - Added additional steps and account types to support AWS scripts and CloudFormation deployments
- 4222 - Fixed a bug where deleting a channel could result in orphaned channel version rules and break the project dashboard
- 4238 - Fixed a bug with incorrect target counts on the infrastructure dashboard under tenant target sets
- 4239 - When AutoDeployLastProcessedEventAutoId is null Octopus attempts to process all previous events
- 4255 - 2018.2 Bug Bash Feeback: Delete Account
- 4257 - Fixed permission issue where users deploying a project they had permissions for would fail