Octopus.Migrator.exe is a command line tool that provides the ability to back-up and restore parts of an Octopus Deploy instance as well as migrate data from Octopus 2.6 builds.
The latest version of Octopus.Migrator.exe is available in the Octopus Deploy installation directory and is usually located in:
C:\Program Files\Octopus Deploy\Octopus
octopus.migrator.exe supports the following commands:
- export: Exports all configuration data to a directory.
- import: Imports data from an Octopus 3.0+ export directory.
- migrate: Imports data from an Octopus 2.6 backup.
- partial-export: Exports configuration data to a directory filtered by projects.
- version: Shows the version information for this release of the Octopus Migrator.
All commands take the form of:
Octopus.Migrator <command> [<options>]
You can see a list of commands using:
And you can get help for a specific command using:
Octopus.Migrator help <command>
Arguments are not case sensitive and can take the following forms:
--project OctoFX # Space between argument name and value --project=OctoFX # Equal sign between argument name and value --project "OctoFX Web Site" # Argument values with spaces need to be quoted "--project=OctoFX Web Site" # If using equals, quote both the name and value, not just the value
All commands assume that you are running on the server where the Octopus Deploy Server is installed which has access to the relevant database.
In This Section
The following topics are explained further in this section: