Add deployment targets
With Octopus Deploy, you can deploy software to Windows servers, Linux servers, Microsoft Azure, AWS, Kubernetes clusters, cloud regions, or an offline package drop. Regardless of where you're deploying your software, these machines and services are known as your deployment targets. Octopus organizes your deployment targets (the VMs, servers, and services where you deploy your software) into environments.
- Navigate to Infrastructure ➜ Deployment Targets and click ADD DEPLOYMENT TARGET.
- Select the type of deployment target you are adding.
- Select the type of connection your deployment target will make, and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you run into any issues, refer to the documentation for the type of deployment target you are configuring:
As you configure your deployment targets, select the environment, they will belong to, and assign the target role(s). Roles ensure you deploy the right software to the correct deployment targets. Typical target roles include:
- Enter dev-server-01 in the Display Name
- In Environments select Development.
- In your deployment target select enter in hello-world as the target role.
- Click on the SAVE button.
The next step will deploy a sample package to those deployment targets.
For further reading on deployment targets in Octopus Deploy please see:
Need support? We're here to help.