Octopus.Server.exe is the executable that runs the Octopus Server instance. It includes many helpful commands that allow you to manage the instance, including; authentication, configuration, diagnostics and running the service.
octopus.server.exe supports the following commands:
- admin: Reset admin user passwords, re-enable them, and ensure they are in the admin group.
- builtin-worker: Configure the built-in worker used to run deployment actions and scripts on the Octopus Server.
- checkservices: Checks the Octopus instances are running.
- configure: Configure this Octopus instance.
- create-instance: Registers a new instance of the Octopus service.
- database: Create, drop or configure the Octopus database.
- delete-instance: Deletes an instance of the Octopus service.
- export-certificate: Exports the certificate that Octopus Server can use to authenticate itself with its Tentacles.
- import-certificate: Replace the certificate that Octopus Server uses to authenticate itself with its Tentacles.
- license: Import a license key.
- list-instances: Lists all installed Octopus instances.
- lost-master-key: Get your Octopus Server working again after losing your Master Key.
- new-certificate: Creates a new certificate that Octopus Server can use to authenticate itself with its Tentacles.
- node: Configure settings related to this Octopus Server node.
- path: Set the file paths that Octopus will use for storage.
- proxy: Configure the HTTP proxy used by Octopus.
- rotate-master-key: Rotate the Master Key on your Octopus Server and re-encrypt all sensitive data.
- run: Starts the Octopus Server in debug mode.
- service: Start, stop, install and configure the Octopus service.
- set-master-key: Set the Master Key on your Octopus Server after rotating the database.
- show-configuration: Outputs the server configuration.
- show-master-key: Print the server’s Master Encryption Key, so that it can be backed up.
- show-thumbprint: Shows the squid and thumbprint of the server instance.
- ssl-certificate: Binds the SSL/TLS certificate used by the portal to the specified address/port.
- version: Show the Octopus Server version information.
- watchdog: Configure a scheduled task to monitor the Octopus service(s).
All commands take the form of:
Octopus.Server <command> [<options>]
To get help for a specific command use:
Octopus.Server <command> --help
Help us continuously improve
Please let us know if you have any feedback about this page.
Last updated Sunday, January 1, 2023