Scheduled runbook triggers allow you to define unattended behavior for your Runbook that will cause an automatic runbook run to environments of your choosing.
Only published snapshots can be used to create a scheduled runbook trigger, draft snapshots cannot be used to create a scheduled trigger.
Scheduled runbook triggers provide a way to configure your runbooks to run on a defined schedule. This can useful in different scenarios, for instance:
- Run a database backup at 1:00am every day.
- Run a health check on your service every 30 minutes.
- Run a script to reset a test environment every 3 hours.
- Run a streaming process every minute.
- Run a maintenance script on the last Saturday of the month.
- Run a script to provision more machines on the 1st day of the month and a script to deprovision them at a future date.
Add a scheduled runbook trigger
- From the Project's Overview page, select Operations ➜ Triggers, then Add Scheduled trigger.
- Give the trigger a name.
- Select a runbook.
- Specify the target environments the runbook will run against.
- Set the Trigger schedule. The options give you control over how frequently the trigger will run and at what time. You can specify the time the trigger should run and a daily scheduled, specific days of the week, or days of the month. You can also use a CRON expression to configure when the trigger will run.
If you are using tenants you can select the tenants that the runbook will run against. For each tenant, the published runbook will run against the tenant's environment.
- Save the Trigger.
Using CRON expression
CRON expressions allow you to configure a trigger that will run according to the specific CRON expression.
0 0 06 * * Mon-Fri
Runs at 06:00 AM, Monday through Friday.
The CRON expression must consist of all 6 fields, there is an optional 7th field for "Year".
|Field name||Allowed values||Allowed special characters||Required|
|Seconds||0-59||* , - /||Y|
|Minutes||0-59||* , - /||Y|
|Hours||0-23||* , - /||Y|
|Day of month||1-31||* , - / ? L W||Y|
|Month||1-12 or JAN-DEC||* , - /||Y|
|Day of week||0-6 or SUN-SAT||* , - / ? L #||Y|
|Year||0001–9999||* , - /||N|
Need support? We're here to help.