Tentacle.exe is the executable that runs the Octopus Tentacle instance. It includes several helpful commands that allow you to manage the instance some of which are built on top of the Octopus Deploy HTTP API.
tentacle supports the following commands:
- agent: Starts the Tentacle Agent in debug mode.
- checkservices: Checks the Tentacle instances are running.
- configure: Sets Tentacle settings such as the port number and thumbprints.
- create-instance: Registers a new instance of the Tentacle service.
- delete-instance: Deletes an instance of the Tentacle service.
- deregister-from: Deregisters this deployment target from an Octopus Server.
- deregister-worker: Deregisters this worker from an Octopus Server.
- extract: Extracts a NuGet package.
- import-certificate: Replace the certificate that Tentacle uses to authenticate itself.
- list-instances: Lists all installed Tentacle instances.
- new-certificate: Creates and installs a new certificate for this Tentacle.
- polling-proxy: Configure the HTTP proxy used by polling Tentacles to reach the Octopus Server.
- poll-server: Configures an Octopus Server that this Tentacle will poll.
- proxy: Configure the HTTP proxy used by Octopus.
- register-with: Registers this machine as a deployment target with an Octopus Server.
- register-worker: Registers this machine as a worker with an Octopus Server.
- server-comms: Configure how the Tentacle communicates with an Octopus Server.
- service: Start, stop, install and configure the Tentacle service.
- show-configuration: Outputs the Tentacle configuration.
- show-thumbprint: Show the thumbprint of this Tentacle's certificate.
- update-trust: Replaces the trusted Octopus Server thumbprint of any matching polling or listening registrations with a new thumbprint to trust.
- version: Show the Tentacle version information.
- watchdog: Configure a scheduled task to monitor the Tentacle service(s).
All commands take the form of:
Tentacle <command> [<options>]
Need support? We're here to help.